The children had a lot of fun at the Jog-a-Thon! Thank you to all of our great families for your generous support of this important event. Preschool runners are super! They especially enjoyed the presence of their fourth grade buddies cheering them on. Did you know that each preschooler is a buddy with a fourth grader? Our classes will meet monthly throughout the year. It’s such fun!
Preschoolers will be busy this week painting shoeboxes, learning the sound “Bb”, making B.B Bunny, and practicing our routines. The children are enjoying many new activities.
The children will learn the story of “The Good Shepherd.” The children will learn that Jesus is our Shepherd and always protects, cares, and loves us.
Preschoolers will learn greetings, colors and numbers!
Hello – hola 1. uno
Good-bye – adios 2. dos
Como estas – how are you? 3. tres
Red-rojo 4. cuatro
Naranja – orange 5. cinco
Yellow – Amarillo 6. seis
Green- verde 7. siete
Blue – azul 8. ocho
Purple – morado 9. nueve
Brown-café 10. diez
White – blanco
Pink – Rosado
The weather is changing! Please send a jacket with your child. We go outside most days and it can be cool and windy on the playground especially in the morning. PLEASE WRITE YOUR CHILD’S NAME IN COATS AND SWEATSHIRTS.
Please send only one or two items for your child’s snack day. Simple is best.
If your child’s snack date needs to be changed please do so with another preschool family. Let us know about your change. Class lists are on the back page of the Family Directory. Also included in the directory are family phone numbers and emails.
Preschool has a need for a few parent volunteers.
- One or two parents to be in charge of the Scholastic Book Orders. Please let us know if you are interested and we will provide you the details.
- One or two parents to represent preschool as our Room Parent/s! This is a fun way to meet others, and can be divided into several jobs.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING
- For those having never volunteered on campus, St. John Parish is hosting a Safe Environment Training class on Tuesday, October 3, 6:30-9pm in Egan Hall.
- All adults volunteering at St. John School in any capacity – classroom, lunchroom, field trips, CYO activities, etc. – must have current Safe Environment/Virtus training. Once this in-person class has been taken, volunteers will update their training through a link that will be emailed to you in the future. Please register here for the class: http://www.virtus.org. Click “first time registrant” in the left hand menu, select Seattle Archdiocese and you will see a list of locations. Look for St. John, or choose one that is more convenient for you.
- All volunteers must be in compliance to be eligible to volunteer in any capacity with children. Questions? Contact Sheila Marty in the parish office, 206-782-2810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oct. 6th No school
- October 25th, 26th, 27th Parent Teacher Conferences. There will be no school on these days.
- SHOEBOXES: We are still in need of a few more! If you have extra, please send them in. Thank you!