September 27th, 2019
Hello Preschool Families. We had a busy week in preschool learning about the letter “Bb”, painting shoeboxes and learning that Jesus is Our Shepherd and will always protect and watch over us. We also learned some new phrases in Spanish, played, and explored why some objects sink and others float. WOW!
The scholastic book order form will be coming home this week. To order, go to https://orders.scholastic.com. Under the parent tab, use the activation code: LKWQ8 to set up your account. Oct. 7th will be the last day to submit your order.
This week the children will focus on the sound of “Cc” and create a sound craft using cotton.
We will tour inside St. John’s Church and will explore areas of our church and pray the Guardian Angel prayer:
Angel of God my guardian dear to whom God’s love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side to light and guard to rule and guide.
In order to learn empathy the children will learn how to recognize and name feelings by observing body language and face expressions in others.
A good activity at home is cutting out faces from magazines and creating their own feelings book. Learning to talk about their feelings is a very important skill that will help them develop socially.
Each day we talk about the weather during our morning gathering. For our STEM lesson this week we will explore clouds and where rain comes from. We will make our own rain cloud in a jar!
IMPORTANT DATES AND REMINDERS
- Tuesday, Oct. 1st – Safe Environment Training, Egan Hall 6:30pm – 9:00pm – If you intend to volunteer for the school or parish this is a requirement! Thank you!
- Friday, October 4th Parent Association Meeting – 8:30 am in the Administration Building. All are welcome to attend.
- Sunday, October 6th Endowment Dinner
- Friday, October 11th – NO SCHOOL Teacher In-Service Day
- Preschool will be taking a Fall walk in the neighborhood in October. More information and a permission slip will follow soon!
Please reach out with any questions or concerns! Have a wonderful weekend!