PLEASE NOTE: THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ALL PRESCHOOL CLASSES IS TUESDAY, JUNE 18TH
June 14th, 2019
Our successful year in preschool has come to an end. We have enjoyed working with your children and watching them grow and develop!
For all the preschoolers who are moving on, we will miss you dearly! For all of you returning, we can’t wait to see you in September. Have a wonderful, restful, fun-filled summer!
This week we will discuss how Jesus is with us today. He is in our smiles, our love, our forgiveness, and our helping hands. We are sending home pages from our Jesus story program for you to read and enjoy with your child. Be sure to check out the activities on the back page of each pamphlet.
END OF THE YEAR PICNIC
On Wednesday, June 18that 11:00am,we will be having our end of the year picnic! This special picnic will take place at Sandal Park and all parents are invited. You can bring a sack lunch for you and your child to enjoy. This will be a fun way to end the year. We hope you can make it! Please note that the picnic will be cancelled if it’s raining.
Many parents have asked us about activities your child can do during the summer. Here are some suggestions:
- Give your child the recycling bin and let them cut pictures, letters, and words to make collages. It is important that they practice cutting, which is the best pre-writing exercise for their fine motor skills.
- Play abc games on your road trips and have them read the signs they see on the road.
- Fun activity books such as dot to dot with numbers or letters, mazes, fill in the letters, etc are very good.
- If your child already knows his sounds, have him cut out letters from the newspaper, cereal boxes, and magazines, and put letters together to create words.
- If your child uses the computer, have him play on starfall.com. This is a free website and excellent for reviewing letter sounds, and even for reading. There are many activities that are printable.
Thank you for all your support this year, may God bless your families and have a wonderful and safe summer.